Tuesday, December 13, 2011

framed christmas ornament {tutorial}

This is the first time in 5 years I've had a real mantel to decorate for Christmas, so I was determined to fill it! I've seen an idea or two like this on Pinterest and thought they looked pretty simple to make. Umm, hate to admit it, but it was more than simple. It was waaaay too easy for something so cute! Even though you probably don't need it, here's a quick tutorial on how to make a framed ornament for your holiday decor.
Framed Christmas Ornament TutorialPin It


Supplies
*Open frame (no glass or backing)
*Christmas ornament
*Wide ribbon

1. Here is my $7 thrift store frame. It was a really nice frame, but someone tried to enhance it by adding a blue stripe of paint. Not so nice. So I quickly spray painted it white.

Then I distressed it a little with sandpaper. I like how the gold showed through.

2. Next I threaded a wide piece of ribbon through the ornament and tied a bow around the top of the frame so the ornament was hanging just below the center of the frame's opening.

Yep, that's it! Then I propped it up on my mantel. Fancy, huh?

Finally, a Christmas mantel! Even if it is oak and tile (not my favorite), I still love it!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
10 Comments

10 Responses to “framed christmas ornament {tutorial}”

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

This is so elegant and "Better Homes & Gardensy"! Thanks for sharing the idea!

Michelle Johnnie said...

Cute! Cute! cute!!! I am highlighting this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com.

505whimsygirl said...

Easy peasy but yet so fancy!!!! I was just at the thrift shop Saturday -- I KNEW I should have looked through the frames!!!!

NurseBrandy said...

Wow! It looks like you bought it in a fancy boutique shop... Very cute and suitable for any home! Thx for sharing!

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

this is gorgeous. I love how elegant it is and how it would work with any color scheme. I'd love you to add this to my link party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

Flourish and Fancy said...

Oh these turned out looking so good! I was going to do a framed Christmas ornament this year, but decided to do a kitschy moss wreath instead. You can check it out here: www.flourishandfancy.com

Next year, perhaps, I'll follow your tutorial and finally make the framed one!

Unknown said...

What a great idea. I am always looking for ways to decorate my mantle and not spend a ton of money.

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

Thank you so much for the idea! It gave me the right push to decorate. LOVE IT! I will share your link on FB. Buon Natale

Shabby Jen said...

That's adorable!! How easy peasy and oh so cutie patootie!!! I love it!
I also love your blog! I really do. And I'm not just saying that!
Thank you for sharing!!
Hope to see you over at my blog sometime too!!
Tootles!!

Unknown said...

very nice!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs