Tuesday, September 13, 2011

easy fall centerpiece idea {guest post for make and takes}


Fall is in the air! Okay, it was 89 degrees here yesterday. But the acorns are falling, so I know it's coming! My boys and I went out for a fall walk to gather a few acorns and visit our friends the chipmunks who live in our backyard: Chip, Chippy, and Chip Chip. We stole a little of their food, but it was for a good cause. Check out my quick and cheap temporary fall centerpiece idea using acorns over at Make and Takes today!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
6 Comments

6 Responses to “easy fall centerpiece idea {guest post for make and takes}”

Carmen Ferreira said...

linda imagem e o trabalho mais bonito ainda.
beijos

mercy said...

I was also able to find a lot of acorns on our recent camping trip up north in AZ and put them in a similar container but after a few weeks I saw mold growing in it. I took them out and washed them and am waiting for them to dry out.

Laura said...

Is it true though that you need to bake the acorns first otherwise you might have little wormies visiting?

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Yes, I had comments over at Make and Takes about worms in the acorns. Yuck! I intended this to be a short term display, so I'm not that worried about it, but I love the idea of washing and baking them first! Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks for the idea, Laura!

Alyssa said...

CUTE! Now I've got an excuse to replace the ugly bowl of green apples on my dining room table! Thanks!

Emerald Hills said...

I used dried leaves mixed in with rocks and twine.but other wise it looks like yours. so yay!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs