Tuesday, April 27, 2010

photoshop elements for mother's day anyone?

One year for Mother's Day, my husband got me a copy of Adobe Photoshop. It is an amazing software program that I use almost every day. Recently Stacy got a copy from her husband as well, and she has been using it with her new camera. Because it is professional photo editing software, it is way more powerful than we actually need. I know I'm missing out on a lot of what it can do because I don't have time to take a class to learn how to use it.

At my job I've had the opportunity to use Photoshop Elements, which is geared more toward people like us. We're not quite on a professional level, but we still want professional results. What I really like about it is that it combines the best of Photoshop with an easier-to-use interface. Basically, I don't have to be a graphic designer to get the most out of my photos. Here's a sample of some simple editing I did in Photoshop Elements that made a huge difference:



So I've got a little birdie secret for you: Adobe is offering Photoshop Elements for $30 off through their Web site through May 10. It's only $69.99. That is a great deal when you think about how much better your photos will look! And if you like making videos, they have a bundle that combines Photoshop Elements with Premiere Elements 8, which is their new video editing software, for $50 off (so for both it's $99.99). Premiere is definitely on my Mother's Day list! (Hint, hint! I hope my DH is reading!) Maybe you should forward this to your DH. I'm just saying.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
8 Comments

8 Responses to “photoshop elements for mother's day anyone?”

thegirlyouwillneverknow said...

the website says its normally $150 and you is you can get if for $99 with the discounts, at least that is what I see when I click your link

Lanie said...

I was just looking into this and came across this...
https://www.ztechsoftware.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=77add2c15b239b8a8b40a62cf221c14d&

Unknown said...

That's great to know. My sweetie is a pre-press technician for a printing company, so he uses Photoshop all the time at work (Indesign, too.) I noticed that there's a pretty big price break on the whole Photoshop suite for students and teachers (I'm a teacher), and I've had my eye on it for a while.

For now I am using Picnik for $25 a year :)

Jamie said...

Thanks for the info. Share you favorite editing techniques, please!!!

Screwed Up Texan said...

I got my copy of PS Elements at Sam's and they were about $30 less expensive than buying directly through Adobe (of course, this was for PS Elements 7, before 8 came out)...which was surprising. Love the program. I think learning how to install actions and shooting in RAW has helped me the most.

Unknown said...

I'm using a free trial of photoshop elements right now. I went to art school so I am versed in all the adobe programs but they're so darn expensive. I'm liking elements, it is very easy.

Unknown said...

Funny you should mention this today. I just downloaded the trial version for mac to see if I liked it last night.
Do you think it is very user friendly? I don't have much experience with photoshop.
Thanks,
Lindsay

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Cottage Mama, I think Elements is very user friendly. Of course I am using it after teaching myself the basics of Photoshop, but still, they're really taken the best parts of Photoshop and given you one-click options for them.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs